USTA Job Opportunity
USTA New England Position Description
Title: Tennis Service Representative, Rhode Island and Southeastern Massachusetts
Territory Covered: Rhode Island (all counties) and Southeastern Massachusetts (Bristol, Plymouth, Barnstable, Dukes and Nantucket counties)
Purpose of Position: Increase participation in tennis by promoting, developing and servicing tennis programs in a designated geographic area by establishing strong relationships with the local delivery system including tennis and nontennis facilities and organizations.
- Be an Ambassador for USTA New England in designated areas by attending, coordinating and/or assisting in workshops, events or meetings designed to strengthen the local delivery system.
- Inventory, monitor, evaluate, and report on key USTA New England programs and activities with a focus on USTA Jr., Team Tennis and USTA School Tennis.
- Utilize the USTA Community Tennis Associations (CTA’s), National Junior Tennis and Learning (NJTL’s), and Park and Rec. agencies as the local delivery system to achieve goals.
- Actively promote membership through our key programs of USTA Jr. Team Tennis and USTA School Tennis.
- Actively promote the 10 and Under format of play.
- Actively promote Coach Workshops.
- Actively promote tennis opportunities for multicultural participants, instructors and volunteers.
- Submit updated goals and activity reports to the USTA New England Manager of Community Tennis as requested.
- Work in a cooperative manner with USTA, USTA New England and State Association staff and volunteers.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Increase in number of programs and participants in USTA Jr. Team Tennis and USTA School Tennis.
- Increase in number of trained volunteers, instructors and providers within the local delivery system.
- Ability to provide timely and accurate reports as required.
- Periodic evaluations/assessments by appropriate section, state and local facility personnel.
Supervisory Responsibility: none directly.
Internal Relationships: The Tennis Service Representative reports to the Manager of Community Tennis.
External Relationships: The Tennis Service Representative will work in conjunction with the USPTA, PTR, TIA, NIRSA, community leaders, volunteers, club owners, Park and Recreation leaders, USTA School Tennis Administrators, USTA School Tennis After School Program Administrators, CTA Administrators, USTA NJTL Program Administrators and other
organizations who share similar tennis interests and who will help to deliver the mission and strategies of USTA New England.
Travel Demands: Extensive travel required throughout designated areas. Local, State, Section and National meetings and workshops as needed and assigned. USTA New England Annual and State Association meetings. Travel may be
required to the USTA Semi-annual and Annual meetings, the USTA Tennis Development Workshop and one national training workshop. Travel plans must be approved in advance by the Manager of Community Tennis.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Computer experience in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and Power Point
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent selling and presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with enthusiasm, persistence and initiative to promote and grow tennis
- Must be able to travel and work weekends and evenings
This description is intended to describe the type of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required by the employee.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, references and USTA New England Employment Application to Sarah Rice, Manager of Community Tennis, firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2015.