SATURDAY, APRIL 28TH, 4PM, EMILSON BRANCH, HANOVER
The Laura’s Love Event is growing! In addition to funding the Lob-Stars tennis group for tournament participation, necessary instructors and equipment, the 8th Annual Laura’s Love tennis tournament, raffles and fundraising will expand to support additional adaptive programs at the YMCA such as: aquatics, arts-based programming at Laura’s Center for the Arts, golf, wheelchair tennis and basketball.
This tournament is in memory of Laura Emilson-Reikert. Proceeds from this event benefit the Emilson YMCA's Adaptive programs. For more information on this tournament, please contact Maureen Ahl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
In addition to the tennis tournament, there will be a social starting at 6:30pm at the Laura's Center for the Arts.
Starting in May, MTC will be starting a new FAST4 tennis league at Peter Igo Park
- Fast4 Tennis is a format for playing a tennis match, initiated by Tennis Australia, which leads to a shorter match, having fewer sets and varied rules compared to the traditional rules of tennis
- Advanced Beginner (3.0) - 5:00-6:30pm
- Advanced (3.5-4.5) - 6:30-8:00pm
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Scoring will be numerical (1, 2, 3, Game) rather than 15, 30, 40, Game
- If the ball hits the net cord on a serve and bounces in the correct service box, play will continue. In doubles, either of the receiving pair can play the let (eg. the receiver’s partner can move across and return the serve).
- At 3 points all its “next point wins” the game. The receiver chooses which side the point is played.
TIEBREAKER AT 3 GAMES ALL:
- First to 5 points
- 2 points serving each (starting deuce side)
- Change ends once only after 4 points.
- If Tiebreaker reaches 4-4 it’s “next point wins” the set. Players come to the net and umpire will toss a coin with winner(s) of toss deciding who serves (or spin racquet if no umpire); receiver chooses which side the point is played.
Click the Buy Now button below to register. The cost is $50 per person for 8-weeks and includes a T-Shirt and tennis balls.
Masters Tennis is tennis played on a smaller 60-foot court, with a slower ball, and a lighter (or your regular) racquet. It is the perfect format for beginners learning to play and players with mobility challenges.
- Starting Fridays from 9:00am - 10:30am
- Anyone interested, drop by the tennis courts at Peter Igo Park
The Marshfield Tennis Club will be hosting our annual tennis tournament followed by a cookout. All proceeds will be used to support and maintain the Peter Igo Park.
The cost is $50 per player and will include prizes and a cookout after the tournament. Players of all abilities are welcome to play.
- Tournament will be held on Saturday, May 5th
- Players of all abilities are encouraged to register
Cardio tennis is great way to get way to get exercise and work on your tennis game. Sessions begin in May, 2018 and run through June, 2018. This 10-week session is a great way to stay active and having fun playing tennis.
The cost is $15 per session (min. 4 participants). Players must register by the prior Thursday to confirm attendance.
The Marshfield Tennis Club will be sponsoring Wounded Warriors Adaptive & Wheelchair tennis starting in May. The cost is FREE!
All sessions will be scheduled for the 3rd Thursday of every month starting in May.
Any resident that cannot attend these dates can request Adaptive & Wheelchair tennis sessions upon request - FREE of charge! Please schedule directly with Bud Duksta (email@example.com).
- The South of Boston Adaptive Sports day at Peter Igo Park will be held on June 9th from 10:00am-4:00pm. Food and music will be included.
- The South of Boston Adaptive Sports Day will include wheelchair tennis , basketball , bocce ball and crew rowing on the Green Harbor River.
- This is a FREE event. No signup required.
The University of Tennisology at Peter Igo Park. Tennis lessons will start in June and run through August. Sessions listed below from 8:30am - Noon including 2 junior courts and 2 regulation courts.
Tennis lessons from ages 4 - teens will start in June through early August. A detailed breakdown of age group classes will be available early February.
- June 25th - June 29th
- July 2nd - July 6th
- July 9th - July 13th
- July 16th - July 20th
- July 23rd - July 27th
- July 30th - August 2nd